In most cases, women are ignorant of the particular condition. Well, let me tell you it’s probably not the right decision. Failure to pay attention to any kind of disease that affects your health is the worst-case scenario. In certain situations, women are not familiar with PCOS until and unless they discover the word “ infertility”. This article is especially to create awareness amongst more and more women and enlighten them regarding the same. Further, find out the best natural alternative in regards to the treatment.
Table of Contents
- 1 POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME (PCOS)
- 2 CAUSES OF PCOS
- 3 PCOS CONTRIBUTES TO FUTURE COMPLICATIONS
- 4 YOGA- A NATURAL THERAPY TO IMPROVE WOMEN’S HEALTH
- 5 BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR PCOS
- 6 5 YOGA POSES TO CONTROL WOMEN’S HEALTH WITH PCOS
- 7 CONCLUSION
POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME (PCOS)
At a reproductive age, when women suffer from a hormonal disorder it is known as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). PCOS is common around most women. Women diagnosed with PCOS produce excessive amounts of male hormones and experience irregular menstrual periods. Women undergo body changes such as hair growth in the body or face, or baldness, acne, darkening of the skin, and sudden weight loss and weight gain. Furthermore, let’s find out the cause of PCOS and what problems it may provoke in the future.
CAUSES OF PCOS
The accurate causes of PCOS are still anonymous. Here are a few factors that may play a role in the particular condition:
1. Genetic condition – If PCOS runs in the family, there is a chance it may continue to spread.
2. Insulin resistance– Insulin resistance develops in women with PCOS. To create energy for the body, Pancreas produces a hormone called insulin that allows cells the use sugar from food. Sometimes, insulin cannot be properly used by the cells, in such cases, the body demands an insulin increase and to balance it out the pancreas makes more insulin. The ovaries produce more male hormones because of the excess insulin.
3. Inflammation– There is an increase in inflammation levels in a woman’s body with PCOS. The increase in inflammation is a result of higher androgen levels. If a woman is overweight it may end in inflammation.
PCOS CONTRIBUTES TO FUTURE COMPLICATIONS
1. Infertility- The inability to conceive is the most leading cause for women with PCOS. Like you know, to get pregnant you need to ovulate, irregular periods don’t allow you to do so. Therefore, the process of egg release decreases, which makes it difficult to fertilize them as well.
2. Metabolic syndrome- Women with PCOS are overweight. The combination of both PCOS and being obese increases the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and heart disease.
3. Depression- Women go through depression and anxiety because of the changes in the body. Being overweight or hair growth in the face or body might be embarrassing and hurt them.
Now, we have collected enough information on PCOS and how it may affect us. Let’s move forward to know how it can be cured? The primary alternative for any kind of illness or disease is medication. In this situation, there is no particular treatment but there are ways to manage it. We all are aware of how medication might not be the best decision because of its negative consequences. So, what can be the best decision?
YOGA- A NATURAL THERAPY TO IMPROVE WOMEN’S HEALTH
Yoga for PCOS? Tell me more? I am sure the ones who are familiar with the concept must have an idea of how useful YOGA is, and want to know a lot more. But the ones who are new to the concept, go on… keep reading further. You’re going to find out some very interesting facts here.
Yoga in simple terms is a form of exercise to create awareness within your body and help bring peace and relaxation. (both body and mind). In today’s world, relaxation plays an essential role for each one of us.
According to a study, Yoga is proven to be an effective treatment for PCOS management. It helps to deal with stress and keep your mind calm. At the same time, it helps to control physical problems caused because of PCOS.
BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR PCOS
5 YOGA POSES TO CONTROL WOMEN’S HEALTH WITH PCOS
- This pose is the best form of exercise to help you reduce weight. It helps to keep your heart healthy and increases your immunity level. Overall, it helps to maintain a healthy body.
- This pose is a meditative form of exercise. It helps to reduce stress at deeper levels. It helps to keep your blood pressure in control and also brings a positive impact on depression and anxiety which indeed leads to an improvement in sleep quality.
3.Supta Baddha Konasana
Supta Baddha Konasana is a form of yoga asana that is beneficial for women with PCOS as it helps to open up the pelvic area and encourages calmness in your body.
- This pose is perfect to help women control PCOS symptoms as it promotes deep relaxation techniques.
- Garland pose helps to increase blood circulation in the pelvic area which helps to aid digestion and improve metabolism. Therefore, this pose is beneficial for PCOS.
To sum it all up, I would advise you to start with taking an interest in YOGA. Make it a permanent activity in your TO-DO LIST. But, before you do so, make sure to consult your doctor and know your body better. Yoga helps to keep your entire body fit and healthy and not just to deal with problems of PCOS. Yoga helps to control the two main factors of PCOS that is weight gain and stress. Once these two are clear, you will feel much better and it helps with the regular menstrual cycle as well. But, remember Yoga is no magic, you need to work on it, to achieve its advantages, so make it a habit to do yoga for at least a sufficient time.
What is PCOS?
Polycystic ovaries syndrome is a disease in women that disturbs the menstrual cycle. It tends to decrease monthly periods and makes it irregular. It can be referred to as a hormonal disorder in women. Irregular periods create problems for women as it leads to infertility.