- Strengthens hands, wrists, arms, core, and legs
- It stretches the backs of the legs.
- Improves sense of balance and focus
- To learn the correct weight distribution in the pose, exercise it with the soles of your feet pressing against a wall.
How to do
- Start in Plank Pose, pressing firmly through your hands with your shoulders aligned over your wrists.
- Keeping your core muscles and legs engaged, roll both your heels to the right.
- Stack your left foot on top of the right.
- Draw your legs together and push out through the feet.
- Press down through the right hand and raise your left hand. Keep your lower belly engaged and your tailbone long.
- Look up to your hand, or ahead of you.
- Build up to stay in the pose for 5 breaths.
- To come out, exhale as you lower your left hand and reel your feet back to Plank position.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Please avoid this pose if you have an arm, shoulder, or wrist injury.
- If during this asana you have any kind of leg cramps or you have pain in your knees, then you should immediately leave that posture, do not forcefully try to do this asana.