Yoga or Yog is the way one lives his or her life. Something unconventional that’s beyond the Yoga classes and sessions one takes. Having a detoxed and healthy body is not only important for our health purposes but also is a necessity for better survival in 2021 and ahead.
After the pandemic scenarios, everyone is very particular and conscious about their living lifestyle. It is important for a person to keep their body healthy and balanced using detox diet and exercises for a better life.
Here is what you need to look at for a briefing about Yoga and Detox and 5 super useful poses to detox and revitalize your body.
Table of Contents
Yoga and Detoxification- The powerful duo
We all know how stressful and tiring our life is. Out of the busy schedule that we’re going through, our life has become a competition or a race between our work and sleep, meals and diet, emotions, and mental strength.
Life is getting tough and hard these days. One must analyze the fact that one needs an adequate routine with a physical workout and balanced diet both.
Yoga is the golden way to fight the stress and anxiety that we often face in our daily life. One must work on the realignment of bodies providing an opportunity to ourselves to clear our minds.
Yoga is a combination of postures, breathing, the process of mindfulness which can be taken as a valuable tool to cleanse our body both physically and emotionally without any loss. Concluding the stated points, yoga is a fruitful way for cleansing our body and further, we’d be elaborating on some useful ways to relax our body.
5 Yoga poses for Detoxification and revitalization of your body
1. Side to Side pose or Revolved Chair pose
- Beginning with a standing position, bend your hips and reach your arms to make a chair pose. Be sure you can see your toes.
- Gradually, take your hands together at the center of your chest.
- Now, take a big inhale to lengthen through spine, and use exhale to twist to the right, taking your left of your elbow outside of your right thigh.
- Inhale back to center and use exhale to twist to the left. Repeat this sequence 5 times on each side.”
This is an advantageous cleansing pose since it stimulates the blood flow, works for a better liver, makes your digestive process better, and helps in strengthening your abdominal muscles. It has the added a great plus point for improving spine and vertebrae health.
2. Seated Twists
Start with a seated position with your legs straight long in front of you. Now, bend your right knee and place your right foot outside of your left knee. Wrap your left arm around your right leg and place your hand on the ground behind your sacrum. Inhale for big five deep breaths, using each breath to lengthen your spine and expel negative energy.
Repeat the same procedure on the other side.
This massages and stretches key organs, including the kidney, liver, colon, and spleen, which is part of the lymph system — all of which assist in digestion and elimination.
3. Shoulder Stand yoga pose
This is a change of the same pose. You can pick to do a shoulder stand or you can use the assistance of the wall in similar legs up the wall pose.
- For a shoulder stand, initiate by lying on your back and bring your legs back over your head in a plow pose. Place your hands on your lower back on either side of your spine for support, bend your knees, and lift your feet into the air. Throughout the pose, press your feet to the air, lift your kneecaps and press your belly to your spine.
- One can also practice this pose against a wall for better support, or do a variation on it where your back remains flat to the ground with your hips sinking into the ground as a bolster. Your legs will rest against the wall.
- Whatever pose you choose, these are great postures to support your lymphatic system. This pose places the head below the heart and allows lymph to drain back to the heart with the assistance of gravity. It helps flush lymph from the legs and feet back to the heart, which is especially beneficial at the end of a workout.
- This pose would work on the restoration and detox at the end of a tight workout by sending fluids back to the heart for oxygenation.
4. Supine Twist yoga pose
The supine pose is considered as best pose for a lower impact stretch and with various advantages. Lie straight on the ground with your arms out making a “T” shape. Hold one knee into your chest and make it fall to the opposite side of your body. Now, slowly your opposite hand to your knee to help ground it and for a good stretch, turn your neck in the opposite direction. This stretch guides and allows your body to align your vertebrae and promote breathing.
Shavasana, or in simple words called the corpse pose, requires the body in lying position, completely flat against the floor. It comes from the end of yoga practice and is focusing on keeping your mind and body in a complete relaxation mode. We often hustle well to detox our body from numerous practical standpoints, yet the meditative criteria of Shavasana are the golden button for detoxing our minds.
Whether you’re a yoga professional or practicing yoga as a beginner, it’s vital to keep in your mind that all poses and practices are relevant for detoxification. Work on these poses, but don’t be scared anyway to try new things. No matter what pose you’re working on, you’re taking care of the natural processes of detox in a facile and affirmative manner.