Are you an early bird or a night owl? On a Sunday morning, you would probably be snoring at 9 am in morning wrapped in a blanket waiting for your loved one to wake you up and offer a hot cup of coffee and a heavy breakfast. I’m sure you must be perplexed by reading these few lines. Well, come along and read this article I have something that might flabbergast you but indeed change your way of living.
“No matter how you feel get up, dress up, show up and never give up”, “Get up every morning and tell yourself I can do this” If these lines cannot inspire you to get off your beds for a morning workout then I don’t know what will.
Folks, it’s time you stop being slothful and lethargic, stop hitting the snooze button on your alarm, and get off your beds for an early morning stint of a workout that will surely charge you up for the rest of the day.
What if I tell you that an early morning workout might even give you more energy than a cup of coffee! It definitely does my friend you won’t understand until you experience it for yourself.
- A sense of accomplishment- Once you’re done with the workout it makes you feel fresh than ever before. A sense of accomplishment kicks in your mind once you have burned those calories. Your routine way of living has just changed it’s not just eaten, sleep, and work anymore theirs another dimension which you can be proud of.
- Increases productivity- Starting the day on a positive note sets everything else for the day, it makes you feel everything is going in the right direction. When you feel happier and spirited you’re more efficient and effective at all tasks in life.
- Morning exercise improves your physical and mental energy- Engaging in an early morning workout is way more efficient than a hot cup of coffee. These workouts are a tremendous source of energy. It improves your focus and mental abilities all day long. It makes you feel energized and your mind will be ready to tackle all tasks lined up for the day.
- Morning workout allows you to reach your fitness goals faster- Waking up early in the morning places a high priority on your fitness. Whether you know it or not committing to something requires sacrifices (in this case your sleep). Nobody wants to wake up early in the morning to exercise if they don’t see results. The sacrifice will motivate you to work harder and help you to achieve your goals. A target-based mindset will naturally help you to achieve your goals faster. One would definitely want their sacrifices to be worth it.
- Stress relief- An early morning acts as a stress buster for you. It kicks stress out of the way and makes you feel energized for the rest of the day. In addition, a morning workout will help you fall asleep early in the evening and makes you feel refreshed and relaxed to conquer the day.
But I hate early morning exercise!
The benefits of an early morning workout are numerous and are pretty evident but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to become an early morning exercise person, if you’re lethargic and it’s incredibly tough for you to drag yourself off your bed then let’s establish few rules that might definitely help you in waking up early in the morning and look forward to your workout.
Rule #1 Put your alarm far away
If it’s difficult for you to wake up early in the morning set a loud alarm and place it on the other side of the room that might force you to get off your bed.
Rule #2 Give yourself something to look forward to
It’s incredibly important to have a schedule of your workout and accordingly go about your exercise. List down the exercise which has benefited you. If you wake up and do a workout that you hate, I bet this routine isn’t going to last for long. Set your mood by playing some good music that might motivate you to push a little harder.
Rule #3 Don’t skip the warmup
After a night’s sleep, it’s vital to flex your muscles before you ramp up your intensity. Make sure to spend at least 5 to 10 mins on warm-up exercises.
Rule #4 Keep it short
All of us are probably busy with our day-to-day activities and don’t have 2 or 3 hours to spend for a morning workout. It’s important to plan your workout session at night before going to bed. Make sure you make notes of the exercises that have benefited you and accordingly follow the plan. A one-hour workout is ideal.
Rule #5 Set your workout gear next to your bed the night before
It’s a great way to streamline your morning as it serves as a reminder to get going with your workout session. When you see your workout gear stare at you early in the morning it just motivates you to get off your bed.
Are you suffering from frequent colds? Or having problems of poor digestion? Or feeling depressed?
What if I tell you there’s a way of getting rid of all your problems!
Oh well! Hold on before that let me slightly divert the topic and tell you about an app named “Warm-up exercise- morning home workout- Yoga stretches” by Dr. Zio. Trust me it is an incredible app that will guide you throughout your workout session and it is completely free. So, what are you waiting for? Head to link and download the app Warm-up Exercise- Morning Home Workout Yoga Stretch
It’s time to unravel the secret Here you go!
Yes, you read that right yoga is indeed the solution to all your problems. An early morning yoga session can boost your energy levels and has proven to be one of the best forms of exercise to live a healthy life.
I am not just making this up. According to Harvard Health Publishing, yoga has scientifically proven benefits for the mind and body. Yoga improves your strength, reduces stress, and boosts your immune system.
Go check out our YouTube channel to try these below-mentioned poses at home for free- Dr.Zio- Yoga Teacher
1.Cat cow pose
This pose is a great morning stretch for your back. It opens up the whole spine and it is advisable to do this movement for one or two minutes.
Warrior one is a standing position that signifies and stimulates strength and power. This yoga pose stretches the back and the lower body
3.Extended side angle pose
This pose improves your strength, flexibility, and posture. This pose is particularly good to stretch the side of your body and strengthen your legs.
Camel pose frees the energy in your throat, chest, and heart. This yoga pose is for intermediate and advanced practitioners.
Before I end here is a challenge for you!
If you do not work out in the morning and you feel you might be missing out on something. Here is a challenge for you.
Mark your calendar and schedule what time and what type of exercise you’re going to do in the morning for the next week. If you make it through one week then you can push yourself for another week, then do it again for the following week… and again…