We humans spend almost 1-3rd of our lives sleeping. There is a major difference between just sleeping and having a good, comfortable and healthy sleep.
Be it an ordinary man or rich person, a healthy sleep often results in a day with increased productivity and efficiency. But, due to the increased pressure,stress and anxiety, lack of sleep has become one of the most common problems among different age groups.
As per the records and statistics, almosy 50 to 70 million people in the suffer from one or several sleep disorders.
REASONS TO SLEEPING PROBLEMS
There isn’t aone reason for the lack of sleep. Anyone can experience sleeping disturbances if they have any health problems in the respiratory system, or if they are suffering from diseases like Nocturia and chronic pain.
Sometimes, increased anxiety and stress may result in a lack of sleep. Whatever might be the cause, the severa; kinds of sleeping disorders like Insomnia, Parasomnia,etc. have adverse effects on human health.
YOGA FOR THE INSOMNIACS!
There are several ways to solve the problems caused due to lack of sleep. Some mantras like cutting off on afternoon naps, sleeping usually at the same time, having an early dinner can solve the sleeping problems.
Sleeping problems like Insomnia might not always get better in facile fashion. Yoga practice can heal Insomnia as several yoga poses are practiced to decrease the stress-causing hormones and calms the human body.
Sleep is associated with nervous system and many yoga practices usually benefit the same. The benefits can be a great technique to solve sleeping disorders which occurs due to mental stress and anxiety. The Yoga practice regulates mental peace and stability which is a primary reason for a sound sleep.
The yoga practicesguide various age groups like children, adults, old humans, and even pregnant women to have a great sleep.
SOME GOOD POSES FOR GREAT GOODNIGHT SLEEP
- To perform this pose sit on your heels, keeping your hips on the heels, bend forward and lower your forehead to the ground.Stretch arms on the ground straight and then press your chest slightly to your thighs. Hold the asana and try to breathe. Gently release back to relieve from the pose.
- To do this pose you need to stand straight by placing your arms along the side of the body.Try to balance your weight on both the feet.Now slowly bend downward by bringing your arms straight to your head.Stay in the posture for 20 seconds.Keeping your spine, hands, and legs straight touch your chest to your knees.On inhaling, stretch your arms straight and slowly lift the body up.
- To do this pose you need to sit with an erect spine. Now bend your knees so that your feet are towards the pelvis. The soles of your feet should touch each other.Now put your hands under the feet for the support.Taking a deep breath in and out, try flapping your legs up and down like the wings of butterflies.Try increasing the speed as per your comfort of breathing.Now, slowly stretch your legs and relax.
- To perform this pose, you need to sit in Vajrasana and stand on your knees.Now lean in the forward direction. Place the hands on the floor with palms down and finger facing forward.Slowly inhale a deep breath and raise along, stressing the spine in a downward direction, so that the back is in a concave shape.Now expand the abdomen as much as possible without forcing, fill the lungs with maximum air possible. Hold the breath for 3 seconds.Slowly exhale and lower the head while stretching the spine in an upward direction.Now contract the abdomen which is expanded.Repeat it for 3-5 rounds and relax slowly and get back to a normal position.
Not just this, Yoga helps in various ways enlisted below:
• Great flexibility and balance of body
• Accurate BMI
• Less bad weight gain
• Shoot down in neck and back pain
• Excellent for people with asthma symptoms
• Cures or reduces blood pressure
• Cures or reduces blood sugars
• Improved lipid (blood fat) profiles
• Cures or reduces cancer-related fatigue
•Confidence and fresh look with a better body image
• Sharper focus and concentration + general health awareness in 2021
After knowing such enumerous benefits and ways to cure diseases, are you still thinking to opt Yoga or not, then you’re totally doing wrong to yourself. YOGA IS THE BEST WAY TO CURE ALL DISEASES, LET IT SINK IN!!
All the sleep deprived people must give themselves a checklist that they’re suffering from a problem that will be fine soon without any problems. Stay strong at every stage of life. It is important for you take good care of yourself and especially your health. Whatsoever stress you have spare some time out and relax with the help of Yoga and meditation.
Is yoga safe for Insomniacs?
Yoga is a safe practice for everyone. If you are a beginner, keep in mind to start slow. It will take time, but once you are a pro. It will feel great. If in doubt, one should take advice from their doctors before they start any form of exercise.
Is it possible to quickly get over sleeping issues?
It depends on body to body as to what methods you can utilize and your hard-work to reduce junk food and increased intake of sleep. Though, yoga is one of the best and quickest way to reduce harmful effects of any disease from your body.
What can you do to have a good sleep?
The foods that consists of trans fats or the processed foods are most dangerous for your body as they contain maximum amount of sugars. If the level of junk food or sugar food increases in a wrong manner, it can cause lack of sleep. You must intake a healthy diet and reduce the intake of screen-time in your life.