In today’s time people are really maintaining a diet they shouldn’t. A diet that is filled of unhealthy junk foods like pizzas, burgers, pastas, etc. which further are destroying one’s digestive system. Life is easy if you stay healthy and becomes hard with the smallest problems such as constipation.
Constipation can be stated as a common chronic disorder of the lower digestive system. Thus, in constipation, the elimination of wastes from the body becomes slow and inefficient.
And so, there is a build-up of digestive and metabolic wastes in the large intestine. As this problem continues, rotting wastes remain in the body for longer periods. This further outputs in the creation of toxins and poison in body tissues. It can also cause to many other diseases, so one should never overlook constipation.
For good health, vitality, & diseases free body, elimination of waste should be regular and efficient.
Symptoms of Constipation
- Infrequent bowel movements.
- Excreting Dry, Hard or lumpy stool.
- Problems or Pain in the lower abdominal/intestine.
- Loss of appetite.
- Facing Respiratory problems
- Inadequate increase or decrease weight
- Vomiting and Coughing
- Turning down food
- Inability to pass gas and abdominal bloating.
- The low energy level and lethargy.
Causes of Constipation
1. Drinking less water causes constipation. Water helps to keep the stool soft and allow proper bowel movements. The large intestine has several roles, and one of them is water absorption.
2. Constipation occurs in those who sit at an office desk for long hours. Adding on to this, this leads to muscular stiffness, joint inflexibility, and circulatory stagnation. It can lead to blockage of pranic flow in the lower digestive system of the body.
3. People these days are too busy, lazy or preoccupied in their tasks that avoid taking care of their health. They don’t even have a few minutes to walk or exercise in their daily routine.
4. Having a diet which contains insufficient fibre leads to an infrequent & difficult passage of stool. The bowel works optimally when it has a large mass to contract against and propel along towards anus.
Some home remedies to resolve constipation problems
Some of the ways to solve gas and acidity issues are listed below:
Have a good diet-> Incorporating a diet filled with fruits and vegetables, fiber-rich foods to keep yourself away from constipation issues.
- Decrease the intake of junk foods, spicy and oily foods as they worsen the gas and acidity problems. Instead take consume fruits and vegetables.
- Completely remove drinking alcohol and cigarettes off your life as they increases the gas in your body system.
- Do not take these items in your food list such as coffee, tea and other caffeine rich products.
- Have excess of water as it will help in cleaning your gut and also helps in proper and smooth bowel movements. This makes the body system to get rid of gas. Water also keeps your body system hydrated always and thus gives relief from constipation issues.
Talking about constipation- Just a little part of Stomach issues
Constipation problems can be caused by problems like:
1. Consuming processed, oily and spicy foods, emotional factors, improper eating and drinking habits, smoking, etc.
The best solution for these problems is practicing yoga regularly. Yoga is one good way to relief from such stomach issues , but, you have to be careful in your eating habits like how and what you eat.
Here, we provide you with some good yoga postures that would help you resolve the constipation issues.
5 Yogic Poses to get over Constipation problems
We are sure if you have a good practice of these yoga poses you can resolve your digestive system issues in no time. Make sure to spend a decent amount of time like 30 minutes a day on yoga exercises that will surely help you keep your stomach healthy and lead to a healthy body and mind.
1. Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose)
Stand with the base of our big toes touching and the heels slightly apart so that the feet are parallel.Inhale: Raise the arm over the head then, interlace the fingers & turn the palms upward.Hold the breath: Stretch the arms, shoulders, chest, and abdomen upward while raising the heels, coming onto the toes. then, make sure that you stretch the whole body from top to bottom without losing balance.Exhale: Finally, lower the heels and arms
2. Tiryaka Tadasana (Swaying Palm Tree)
Stand with feet more than shoulder width apart, make sure feet are parallel to each other.Inhale: Raise the arm over the head then, interlace the fingers & turn the palms upward.Exhale and Bend to the right side from the waist. Inhale and Then, come back to the upright position. Exhaleand Bend to the left side from the waist. Inhale and Come back to the upright position. Exhale and Finally, release the posture.
3. Katichakrasana (Waist Rotating Pose)
Stand with the feet about shoulder width apart then, make sure feet are parallel to each other.Raise the arm to shoulder level.
- Exhale: Twist the body to the right then, bring the left hand to the right shoulder and wrap the right hand around the back. Finally, look over the right shoulder.
- Inhale: Return to the starting position.
- Exhale: Twist the body to left, bring the right hand to the left shoulder and wrap the left hand around the back. Look over the left shoulder.
- Inhale: Return to the starting position.
- Exhale: Finally, release the posture.
4. Shuchi Mudra
Close your both hands into fists.Place left hand on your chest,While inhaling bring forward your right fist. Then, straighten the index finger upward.Similarly, place your right hand on your chest. Then, inhale and bring forward your left-hand fist. Finally, straighten its Index finger pointing upwards.
5. Supta Pawanmuktasana – With Both Legs
Lie down on your back, with straight spine and legs.Bend both knees and move the thighs to the chest.Interlock the fingers and then, hold the hands on the shin of both legs just below the right knee.Inhale deeply. Then, while exhaling, raise the head and shoulders and try to place the nose in between the two knees.Hold the raised position for a few seconds.Slowly lower the head, shoulders, and legs while inhaling. Practice this 3 times.
“THE HEALTH RELATED ISSUES EXIST,BUT WE EXIST EVEN STRONGER TO FIGHT BACK STRONGER USING YOGA”
What is the best yoga for constipation?
Cobra Pose is considered as the best pose one can recommend you for constipation related issues. It enables flexibility of lower limbs and helps one strengthen their digestive organs and the digestive tract. Also, considered as one of the best yoga asanas for constipation and indigestion. Bhujangasana also called as Cobra Pose is effective for improving the function of the digestion system.
How to cure constipation at home?
The best way to cure constipation at home is by including more of seasonal vegetables such as green fibrous vegetables etc. Some good foods that help to naturally cure constipation are Yoghurt (curd), Mangoes, Whole grains (flax seeds, sunflower seeds etc.)
It is important to drink at least 8-10 glasses of liquid is a must every day.
How can I strengthen my digestive system to avoid constipation?
Here are some ways to strengthen your immune system naturally
- Have a proper sleep
- Go and opt yoga and meditation in your daily routine
- Avoid junk and unhealthy oily food
- Prefer the intake of Vitamin C, iron in your diet
- Maintain a healthy weight