Do you believe that a workout at the gym is the only way to develop a strong chest and shoulder? You might have to rethink after reading this article.
Trust me, you can build your chest and shoulders without weight lifting in the comfort of your home. Have you heard about yoga?
Come along, let’s explore more about yoga and its incredibly useful poses to cure all your life problems.
YOGA- En route to a better quality of life
“Yoga makes you beautiful Inside-Out!” We all want to look beautiful, don’t we? All of us think that beauty is only about physical appearance, but what if I tell you that there is much more about beauty, it is actually about how you feel within, that indicates how healthy you are.
Well, we are all lost in our own chaotic life’s that we don’t bother to care about our health. Remember the greatest wealth is health. As the coerce to become better every day increases, so does the horde of illness to our body, which comes with carelessness and negligence. That’s the point at which you realize the significance of managing your health. What if I tell you that yoga can enhance your mind, body, and soul, you may not believe me. But the truth is out and crystal clear, yoga energizes your body, calms the mind, and relieves the feeling of stress and anxiety. It motivates and strengthens you to tackle your everyday problems and touch the finish line towards a healthier and happier life.
As I have always believed yoga is not just an hour’s exercise, it unifies our body and fill’s our soul with love and energy that lasts forever. Yoga manages to control and set right something as normal as breathing. Breathing in the right way helps to improve our brain functionality, which helps in making better decisions.
Regular practice of yoga helps in reducing stress, relieving anxiety, improves the health of your heart, help you fight depression, aids in good quality sleep, improves breathing, and makes your body flexible and balance is improved.
Here are some benefits of yoga for chest and shoulders.
- Improves Posture: According to master Akshara a lifestyle coach and yoga instructor when we practice exercises like push-ups our shoulder and back muscles are contracted, both these muscles are correlated and help in improving your posture. The chest is one of the largest muscles in our upper body and plays a crucial role in correcting postural defects. Regularly practicing yoga poses like the supported fish or the cobra pose helps in preventing back pain and strengthens your shoulders.
- Boost power of your lungs: Breathing exercise like pranayama is one of the best ways to start off with your workout. Pranayama improves the blood flow and energizes the mind and nervous system. Yoga helps in correcting postural defects; hence your lungs are in a better position to receive more oxygen this, in turn, means you will be able to breathe easier and take deep breaths as well.
- Increased Energy Levels: Heart-opening yoga poses improve the blood flow throughout the body this, in turn, awakens the nervous system. Increased blood flow and an energized nervous system led to a noticeable boost to a person’s energy levels and it makes you feel better, both physical and mental aspects of your body are improved by practicing yoga.
Alright, now let’s move on to the most crucial part of the article, the yoga poses.
Yoga is the gateway to a blissful and healthier life. Come along let’s discuss some of the yoga poses that help to energize your upper body- The chest and shoulders.
7 Heart-opening Yoga poses to relieve shoulder and chest pain
- Cat-Cow Stretch (Chakravakasana)
This pose is an effective exercise for your spinal cord and you will feel the difference between spinal extension and flexion. This pose improves balance and posture, energizes the organs in the belly, and also helps in relieving stress and calms the brain which in turn helps us in making better decisions.
- Sphinx Pose
This pose is ideal for beginners. It stretches the abdominal muscles and strengthens the spine. It also stretches and opens up the shoulders, chest, and lungs and helps in relieving fatigue ness from your body. Make sure to press strongly into your forearms and then extend your spine making a place for your chest to move in the forward direction.
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
This pose stretches the spine, chest, and neck. It calms the brain and helps to alleviate stress and depression. Menstrual uneasiness and the symptoms of menopause can be relieved by practicing this pose. Remember to tuck your shoulders below your body and then lift your hips which will your chest bloom.
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
This pose is an effective exercise for weight loss, helps to cure digestion and constipation problems, improves blood circulation, and most importantly helps in preventing any sort of back problems or pains. Make sure to pull on the ankles and push the feet away from you at the same time.
- Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
Ensure that your legs and pelvis are firmly rooted on the ground as you lift your chest. This pose is an effective exercise for your buttocks and it opens up and stretches the lungs, heart, chest, and shoulders this, in turn, helps in improving blood flow in the body and soothes your mind as well.
- Warrior II (Virabhadrasana II)
This pose helps to relieve backaches, especially for women through their 2nd trimester. It energizes the abdominal organs and stimulates the tired limbs. It stretches and opens up your lungs, chest, shoulders, and hips. Although this pose does look like an obvious heart-opening exercise like some other poses but is an effective exercise for your upper body.
- Triangle Pose (Utthita Trikonasana)
The muscles which are stretched in this pose are the upper-side abdominal muscles and the back muscles. This pose helps in stimulating and energizing the groin muscles, calves, shoulders, chest, and spine. This pose can be a good early morning exercise to flex your muscles and straighten your thighs.
Believe me, yoga is one of the best sought of medicine for all your health problems. Yoga is not just a healthy exercise, but it is a life-changer. It harmonizes the mind, body, and soul. So, from now on make sure that you practice yoga for at least 20 minutes every day and you will notice the difference by yourself. A little yoga can make your life blissful, healthier, and happier.
- What are the benefits of yoga for chest and shoulders?
Yoga poses helps to improve posture , increase energy levels and boost power of our lungs.
2. Do you believe that workout at the gym is the only way to strengthen your upper body?
No, you can work on your upper body from the comfort of your home as well through yoga. By regularly practicing yoga, you can strengthen your chest and shoulders and yoga also helps to enhance your mind, body and soul.
3. Name some of the best yoga poses to strengthen chest and shoulders.
Best yoga poses to build strong chest and shoulders are cat-cow stretch, sphinx pose, bridge pose, bow pose, cobra pose, warrior 2, and triangle pose. Try out these yoga poses to experience the benefits by yourself.