Yoga is the magical mantra in today’s world where it can relieve all your health-related issues just in a few months and show great results without many big-money investments. All you need to invest is tie for your health and spare some time from your daily routine for yoga.
After the bad wave of the coronavirus in India, there are various problems related to health that people have been facing. But according to studies all the problems or pain that your body has is somewhere or the other related to your digestion issues and diet which is junk and unhealthy to survive in 2021 and further years.
Gas and acidity are two digestive system issues related to yoga that has been addressed here respectively. Life has been tough for us all, but to make it easy, we have yoga at our home and in our life which we can use to solve all our health-related problems easily.
Symptoms of Acidity and Gas
- Having Respiratory problems
- Inadequate increase or decrease weight
- Vomiting and Coughing
- Turning down food
Some home remedies to take care of your stomach issues -Gas and Acidity at home
Some of the ways to solve gas and acidity issues are listed below:
Maintain a balanced diet: Incorporating a diet filled with fruits and vegetables, fiber-rich foods, prebiotics (such as garlic, onions, leeks, etc.), and include probiotics ( such as kefir, yogurt, kombucha tea, etc.) into your diet is the step one to keep your digestive system healthy.
- Consuming buttermilk or curd daily after lunch. You can also add garlic and ginger to them. It is very effective in relieving gas and chronic acidity problems.
- Decrease the intake of junk foods, spicy and oily foods as they worsen the gas and acidity problems. Instead, take consume fruits and vegetables.
- Completely remove drinking alcohol and cigarettes from your life as they increase the gas in your body system.
- Do not take these items in your food lists such as coffee, tea, and other caffeine-rich products.
- Have an excess of water as it will help in cleaning your gut and also helps in proper and smooth bowel movements. This makes the body system get rid of gas. Water also keeps your body system hydrated always and thus gives relief from acidity problems.
Get the right amount of sleep for a better stomach: When you’re asleep, your body unleashes its healing powers — aka protective cytokines. Protective cytokines are proteins that are released during sleep to help your body do two things: Encourage sleep and fight off infection. Sleep deprivation reduces the number of protective cytokines your body produces, making it harder for it to fight off infection.
Stress management: If not managed, stress and anxiety issues can wreak havoc on your health. Stress can affect your body, mood, and behavior.
Gas and acidity conditions have a major link with stomach issues. These problems occur because of the certain factors such as
1. Consuming processed, oily and spicy foods, emotional factors, improper eating and drinking habits, smoking, etc.
The best solution for these problems is practicing yoga regularly. Yoga is one good way to relieve such stomach issues, but, you have to be careful in your eating habits like how and what you eat.
Here, we provide you with some good yoga postures that would help you get rid of gas and acidity-related issues.
I’m sure if you have a good practice of these yoga poses you can resolve your digestive system issues in no time. Make sure to spend a decent amount of time like 30 minutes a day on yoga exercises that will surely help you keep your stomach healthy and lead to a healthy body and mind.
1. Marjariasana (Cat Pose)
Marjariasna takes its name from the Sanskrit word Marjari, which means a cat. While practicing this asana, the body imitates stretched out the body of a cat. It is generally performed in conjunction with Marjaryasana or Cow Pose. It is recommended to perform this pose on an empty stomach (at least 3 to 4 hours fasting) in the morning or evening time.
2. Warrior Pose (Virbhadrasana)
Virabhadrasana II pronounced as veer-ah-bah-drahs-anna gets its name from the Sanskrit word ‘Vira’ which means a warrior or a courageous man hence it is also named as Warrior Pose in English. It is an excellent asana for strength building in the body and is also performed as part of a series of 12 asanas called the Suryanamaskar (or Sun Salutation). Apart from improving the digestive system and stimulating the digestive organs, there are many other benefits of Virabhadrasana Type II.
3. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujangasana gets its name from the Sanskrit word ‘Bhujang’ which means snake. It reflects the posture of a cobra with its hood raised. It is considered the best asana to improve acidity and gas issues. It is best to perform this asana with an empty stomach in the morning time.
4. Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand)
Shoulder Stand or Salamba Sarvangasana is also considered a semi-inversion pose. It is considered a bit difficult to master, so it is advised that it is done in the presence of a yoga instructor. It not only helps with acidity and gas issues but also:
- Increases the blood flow to the upper body, which helps in improving brain function. It alleviates depression and anxiety and makes the practitioner feel calmer and relaxed.
- Stretches the shoulder and neck muscles giving them strength and flexibility.
- Makes legs and abdominal muscles stronger and toned.
5. Makarasana (Crocodile Pose)
Makara’, means ‘Crocodile’ in Sanskrit, and here the body is compared to a crocodile where the face and the neck are up and above the water. It is considered one of the best poses to cure gas and acidity-related issues. Here in this pose, one lies down on the tummy face down, spreading the legs out as much as possible and bringing the hands folded at the elbows and placed below the forehead for support. Unlike Savasana, Makarasana is considered as the only relaxation pose in which it is not possible to fall asleep due to the upright position of the neck and the head.
“THE HEALTH-RELATED ISSUES EXIST, BUT WE EXIST EVEN STRONGER TO FIGHT BACK STRONGER USING YOGA”
Can Yoga cure acidity and gas?
Yoga is one of the oldest and best methods that can be utilised to cure any issues, especially related to your stomach. Yoga poses to cure acidity and gas are simple and can be practiced daily at home. This pose increases blood flow to the stomach and intestine and helps to digest food effectively, even if you have a weak digestive system.
What is the role of immunity for your digestive system?
Immunity can be defined as the balanced state of the body wherein the body includes all adequate biological defenses to fight infection, disease, or unwanted biological invasion. It is necessary for one to maintain a good immunity or the energy to fight against antibodies because maintaining a great immunity will help you have a clean stomach and all stomach related issues like gas and acidity would disappear.
How can I strengthen my digestive system naturally?
Here are some ways to strengthen your digestive system naturally
- Have a proper sleep
- Go and opt yoga and meditation in your daily routine
- Avoid junk and unhealthy oily food
- Prefer the intake of Vitamin C, iron in your diet
- Maintain a healthy weight