- It soothes the digestive and the reproductive systems and treats conditions like irritable bowel disease, infertility, menstrual disorders, digestive issues, menopause, etc.
- It gives your groins, internal thighs, and knees a good stretch.
- It reduces muscle tension and relieves you from tiredness and insomnia. It also calms the mind.
If you are a newbie to this pose and straining your thigh and groin is too difficult for you, then add some pillows to support your knees and supporting them against the gravitational pull.
How to do
- Lie straight on your back with your legs straight.
- Step your heels towards your pelvic
- Exhale and let your thighs fall apart; open up your knees so that the bottoms of your feet touch each other.
- Carefully pull your heel close towards your pubic area to experience a good amount of resistance.
- Breathe and hold for 4-8 breaths.
- Avoid practicing this pose if you are suffering from knee injuries, groin injuries, pain in the lower back.
- Pregnant ladies should perform this asana under expert supervision.
- Women who just conceived a baby should also restrain them self from this pose until their pelvic region heals.