Yoga for thyroid is very advantageous to stimulate the throat as the thyroid gland lies there. Accoridng to the doctors, they believe that with the help of yoga, it increases blood circulation around that area. One of the best asana that helps people in preventing thyroid disorders can be Bhujangasana or the cobra pose. It is a part of Surya Namaskar.
If you’ve been asking yourself this very question that how you must get over the thyroid and it’s bad effects or have a perfect healthy lifestyle, then yoga might be the right choice for you!
Want to dig deeper how to have a life free of disease and importance of yoga asana to stay fit? Keep scrolling…
THYROID- A DETAILED STUDY
Thyroid disorders are pretty much common in people all across the world. Thyroid can be stated as a small gland in the throat which secretes hormones.
Hormones secreted by the thyroid gland are responsible for the body’s metabolism, temperature and growth. There are two types of thyroid disorders:
One of the ways to reduce thyroid is by opening your chest as much as possible and press into your arms to stay lifted. Drop your head back if that makes you feel comfortable. Now, release by lifting your head, releasing your hands, and lying down on your back. Fish pose and shoulderstand are considered to be most effective for improving thyroid function.
While the former is characterized by the thyroid gland not being able to produce enough thyroid hormones, the latter occurs as an outcome of the thyroid gland releasing too much hormones.
WHY YOGA FOR THYROID?
Yoga asanas are considered to be an effective natural remedy for dealing with thyroid disorders. While it may not be able to cure the condition instantly, it can help in keeping the glands healthy and regulate metabolism, thereby preventing any further complications. A study stated that 6 months of intense yoga helped women with hypothyroidism and reduced their need for thyroxine medication.
Not only this, Yoga helps in various ways enlisted below:
• Accurate BMI and Great flexibility + balance of body
• Less bad weight gain
• Shoot down in neck and back pain
• Excellent for people with asthma symptoms
• Cures or reduces blood pressure
• Cures or reduces blood sugars
• Improved lipid (blood fat) profiles
• Cures or reduces cancer-related fatigue
•Confidence and fresh look with a better body image
• Sharper focus and concentration + general health awareness in 2021
After knowing such enumerous benefits and ways to cure diseases, are you still thinking to opt Yoga or not, then you’re totally doing wrong to yourself. YOGA IS THE BEST WAY TO CURE ALL HEALTH RELATED PROBLEMS, LET IT SINK IN!
Let’s get inside to know how Yoga can be helpful in reducing thyroid and it’s effects in 2021
Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self. Including Yoga in your lifes can do wonders for your body. It is a known fact that good yoga poses can reverse the severe effects of the thyroid. Nowadays, thyroid and it’s disorders, especially hypothyroidism, is getting common among all of us.
The thyroid is a crucial gland for determining your rate of metabolism, growth, and body temperature. Any instability in the concentration of hormones can give an output as in thyroid disorder. Yoga for thyroid cannot cure your condition permanently, but you can prevent any further complications with it.
Doing some nice and worked wonders for thyroid asanas will not only keep your glands healthy but will also regulate your metabolism towards good. Healthy changes in diet and exercise routine by implementing yoga might reduce the need for thyroid medicines.
Coming up for some good Yoga Asana for reducing Thyroid in your life
- Lie flat on the abdomen with hands beside the last rib cage, palms facing downwards. Press onto your palms and lift the upper portion of your body with an inhalation. It should include the head, chest, and shoulders (Till the navel region).Inhale while doing so. There is no need to straighten your arms. Keeping a slight bend in the elbows is recommended. Keep the breathing normal and hold the posture for 30 secs.Release the pose slowly and bring your body down.
- Put a soft towel or cushion under your neck & shoulders for support.Align your shoulders with the cushion’s edge and rest your head on the yoga mat.Keep your body entirely straight and stick your arms at the side of your body with palms facing towards the floor.While inhaling, gradually lift your legs.Exhale and make your legs parallel to the wall, supporting your back with both the palms.Your toes should point towards the ceiling.Balance your feet in the air and support your hips with your palms and fingers.Tuck your chin into your chest while keeping your neck in a single position. Slowly exhale to release the pose and get back to the starting pose.
- Lie parallel to the ground and put the arms at the side of your body.Inhale and bring your legs up in the air.Slowly bring your legs above your head while exhaling, supporting your back with both.Your toes should touch the ground behind your head.Use your arms to support the back of the body and hips.You might want to support and hold the position with hands if the toes do not touch the ground.Exhale and come back to the initial position slowly. Remember not to put jerks on your body while releasing the pose.
4. Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Lie flat on your back, parallel to the ground.Fold both the legs at the knee, bringing your heels near the buttocks. Your knees should point to the ceilings & toes facing straight. Curve your hands towards your head and rest your palms facing downwards next to your head.Your feet should not go more than your hip distance. Put pressure on your feet and exhale. While Inhaling, lift your back and buttocks. Keep your thighs stiff and lift the crown of the head. Once you are comfortable, try to straighten your arms and release any force on your throat. Let it hand back. Keep the breathing normal. Release the position slowly to avoid any jerks and come back to the initial pose.
5. Setu Bandhasana
- Lie down flat parallel to the ground. Try bending your legs at the knees. Touch your heels with your hands and lift the buttocks and upper portion of your body. To maintain the position, interlace your fingers and lift the buttocks higher. Do not exert pressure on your chin, neck, or shoulders. Try remaining in this position for 30 sec with normal breathing.
All people must give themselves a checklist that they’re suffering from a disease or suffering from thyroid and thyroid reated problems will recover soon without any problems and observe good results. Stay strong at every stage of life. It is important for you take good care of yourself and especially YOUR HEALTH. Whatsoever stress you have spare some time out and relax with the help of Yoga and meditation.
Is yoga good for thyroid problems?
Yoga is a safe practice for everyone. If you are a beginner, keep in mind to start slow. It will take time, but once you are a pro. It will feel great. People with back issues should take advice from their doctors before they start any form of exercise. Yoga can surely help in reducing thyroid medications.
Is it possible to cure thyroid in 1 week?
It depends on body to body as to what methods you can utilize and your hard-work to work on your thyroidism and improve it. Though, yoga is one of the best and quickest way to improve your medications for thyroid.
How can one prevent thyroid and issues caused by it?
Best way to pevent thyroid ad it’s issues are:
1. Prevent smoking and say no to it.
2. Keep yourself physically active and ollow a proper balanced diet.
3. Keep in touch with the doctor and contact doctor if you observe any strange changes.