Table of Contents
- Few tips you need to keep in mind at the start of your pregnancy
- 5 problems women face during pregnancy
- 5 most important Yoga poses for prenatal care
You’re probably reading this article because you got to know you’re PREGNANT! Am I right? Kudos! This pregnancy journey is going to bring a huge change to your life, obviously in a good way. I guess you’re screaming and jumping out of joy or you’re startled to hear about this news or a mixture of both. Don’t you worry we have got your back, go on reading this article, we have a secret for you that shall help you live a happy and healthy life during pregnancy
Oh, wait before that make sure you’re lying on the bed or seated on a chair comfortably, calm down, and take a deep breath let the feeling of pregnancy sink in.
Come along, let us guide you through this wonderful and life-changing journey of pregnancy. Just enjoy!
“Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you would turn out to be” -Carrie Fisher
“No matter how bad my day’s been it takes one little kick to make everything feel alright.”
These few lines sum up the life of a pregnant lady aren’t they? The woman is going through a whole lot of emotions during pregnancy. Some days you feel delighted and joyful and the next day you might be crying out of pain, that’s how pregnancy life is.
Few tips you need to keep in mind at the start of your pregnancy:
- Visit your doctor regularly- If something is bothering you, the doctors are always your first option for help. To make sure you and your baby are healthy these visits are important. The doctor informs you about your health problems and provides you with the right treatment at the earliest stage.
- Drink plenty of water & follow a healthy diet- During pregnancy women need to take extra care about their eating habits since she is eating for two lives. It is important to get nutrients to keep yourself and the baby healthy.
- Vitamins for prenatal care- Certain vitamins and minerals such as iron and folic acids are highly recommended for pregnant women.
- Use safe medications- You need to be very careful with certain medications that can harm your body. Always consult your doctor on your new medication as well as the current ones.
- Stay away from substances that could hurt your baby- Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco is a BIG NO. They are harmful to you and your baby. Caffeine is also another substance that needs to be limited in your everyday use.
Other than these tips, there is a lot you need to keep in mind. Every little thing about your health needs to be handled with extra care. You can’t miss out on anything! All this is a lot to take. Right? Do these little worries make you anxious and nervous? Do you get that Jittery feeling all over your body?
Pack all your worries in a box and throw that box away! This is not the time to pressurize yourself. When your pregnant one of the most beautiful gifts you can give yourself is TIME. Live your life to the fullest and cherish every moment. Like I mentioned before there is a secret to get rid of all your problems.
But before that is there any complication that you’re facing right now? Oh, I feel you, being a woman myself I exactly perceive the pain you must be going through.
Let’s talk about the complication that pregnant women face and how to get rid of them.
5 Problems that women face during pregnancy
- Tiredness- You are growing another human being in your body, so it is very common for women to feel fatigued during pregnancy.
- Morning sickness– In the first trimester, morning sickness is normal. Throughout the day vomiting and nausea may strike anytime.
- Change in the mood- During pregnancy your hormones are on a roller coaster ride. It is obvious since your whole life is changing. You might be happy now, and the next minute might end up crying.
- Leg cramps and backaches- To prepare you for Labour, ligaments in your body naturally become softer and stretch. Backache can occur since this puts a strain on the joints of your lower back and pelvis. In addition to this, the increased size of the hollow in your lower back and extra weight of your uterus can lead to backaches as well.
- Heartburn and indigestion- While being pregnant, many women may experience indigestion and heartburn that might hurt and can be unbearable.
You must’ve tried everything to get rid of this unbearable and intolerable pain but nothing has worked. You’re worn out, you’re exhausted, you’re Fatigued of this unmanageable pain. Oh, dear, I sense the amount of agony you must be going through.
DO NOT WORRY! I’ve got you covered
Let’s finally disclose the secret to get rid of all your damn problems during pregnancy.
Here we go!
YES! You read that right. Yoga is the best possible alternative to keep you fit and healthy during pregnancy. Do you know why? Many women are unaware of how yoga can be beneficial to your body and mind. As a matter of fact, during pregnancy, you could be drawn to yoga even if you never stepped foot on a yoga mat before. Working with your pregnant body as it grows becomes challenging at a point in time, that’s when prenatal yoga comes into action as it provides a safe and supportive way to move your body. Yoga is more than just some normal exercise. It is a combination of both physical and mental therapy for your body.
Yoga is a natural way to increase your inward focus, this helps to endure a deeper connection with your pregnancy and with your unborn child as well. It not only supports you undergo various changes during pregnancy but also prepares you for childbirth as well. You can feel a huge difference just by doing a little bit of yoga every day.
5 Most important Yoga poses for Prenatal Care
- Marjariasana (Cat stretch)
This pose helps to improve blood circulation and ensures that reproductive organs are well-nourished. It is also important as it keeps the spine flexible which in turn helps to strengthen the back.
2. Viparita Karani (Legs up the Wall Pose)
This pose helps to relieve backache and improve the blood flow to the pelvic region
- Trikonasana (Triangle pose)
Practicing this pose is useful for pregnant women since it helps to maintain physical and mental balance. It also opens up your hips which is a big help during a delivery.
This pose helps improves the range of motion of the hip joints as is often chosen for delivery and Labour.
- Puppy Pose
It is an easy and safe practice. While supporting the weight of the upper body, stretch your lower back.
HERE IS A CHALLENGE FOR YOU!
If you are planning for a baby in the future or if you are already expecting. Whatever it might be, get up and go try a simple step of yoga today. Feel the difference in your body by yourself. So, take a step forward towards a healthy pregnancy journey for the good of you and your baby.
- Should a woman be careful at the start of her pregnancy?
It is important to take care of yourself right from the starting of pregnancy. Once you realize you are pregnant you need to be extra careful at each step. Safety is your priority.
- What precautions should be taken during pregnancy?
Be aware of your diet, try to induce exercise in your routine, and avoid any harmful products such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- What vitamins should pregnant women take and what should they avoid?
Vitamin D and folic acids are best in pregnancy. Baby’ development is at risk with any vitamins or supplements containing retinol or vitamin A. So, avoid such vitamins during this time.
- What are the benefits of Prenatal Yoga?
The number one benefit of Prenatal Yoga is it helps a woman to prepare body, mind, and spirit for motherhood. Several other benefits are it helps you to be relaxed, release tension and motivate you to accept your pregnancy journey.
- What precautions to take care of after delivery?
It is important to get yourself plenty of sleep and take a rest. Eat good food and stay hydrated. Do simple exercises as per your doctor’s advice and don’t be shy to ask for help from your family members during the post-partum period.