Table of contents
- Reasons behind being underweight
- A perfect diet plan for weight gain
- Yoga poses for weight gain
The first question that comes to mind is weight gain necessary? Almost half of the world is following diet plans, running to the gym, joining yoga classes just to lose a little amount of weight they got. It is surprising to find out there is a section of people who wants to gain weight. Obese people might wonder who are they? are they crazy? No! These people are not crazy at all. Being overweight is not good for your health in correspondence to those who are underweight are equally considered unhealthy.
The internet is filled with millions of articles, blogs, and videos to help you lose weight but very less information on how to gain weight. So where should those people go? This article is especially for those people who are in search of healthy and natural ways to gain some weight. You might think how difficult will it be to gain weight? Go chug a few sodas, consume a lot of cheese, butter, and other heavy calories food items and that’s its next day you can see the difference in your weight.
Believe me, it’s not that easy. And do you know how harmful can that be for your health? It’s the biggest mistake you can make. The strange thing is, even after all this some people don’t gain weight. Imagine how blessed are they?
Anyway, the point here is following these unhealthy tips just to gain weight because it’s that simple is a complete NO! NO!
Before we focus on the healthy approaches to help overcome this problem you might want to have a look into some of the reasons behind your skinniness:
Reasons behind being underweight
- Genetics– You might be underweight because of your family history.
- Increase in metabolism– A person might not gain much weight even after eating high-energy foods because of the increase in his metabolism.
- Chronic disease or physical illness- It is difficult to gain weight because of some disease types such as diarrhea, regular nausea, or vomiting. Some people don’t feel like eating because of few other conditions such as digestive, diabetes, and thyroid that may result in a decrease of a person’s appetite.
- Being mentally unstable– Mental illness such as obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), depression, eating disorders and anxiety has a huge negative impact on a person’s appetite and his body image.
A perfect diet plan for weight gain
Who said following a healthy diet is for fat people only? It is equally important for the ones who are skinny and want to gain weight to follow the rulebook of a healthy diet as well. Let’s have a look at some of the few essential food diet plans that might assist you to gain some weight.
- Healthy snacks: A person might gain weight if he eats whole-grain and high-protein snacks such as protein bars, peanut butter crackers, pita chips, a handful of almonds or hummus can be included in the list of his diet plan.
- In a day eat several small meals: If someone is not able to eat large meals, it might get difficult for him to gain weight. So, instead of that, you can try to eat small meals a greater number of times during the day.
- Incorporating additional foods: In your existing diet try to add calories dense food sources that can help to gain weight.
- Top calorie food on your normal diet- An existing normal diet can be mixed with calorie-dense food such as a nut-butter on a whole-grain toast, cereal almonds on top of cereal or yogurt, and chia seeds on a soup or a salad.
- Cut out heavy calories- As I said before just because you want to gain some weight, doesn’t mean you start eating any rubbish. Food that is high in salt and sugar has a bad impact on a person’s heart and blood vessels. Therefore, it is better to avoid such foods or at least control the amount of intake.
Along with a healthy diet, it is very important to induce physical activities as well. Now, you might be thinking exercises are for people who want to reduce weight. How can it be helpful to us? It can be 100 percent effective. You Wanna know what form of exercise you need to try? It is a very ancient practice created by our ancestors itself and has become quite famous around the world too. Let me give you some time to give it a thought. Got an idea? Yes, you guessed it right. YOGA!
If you are going through health-related problems such as digestive issues, stress or even a lack of appetite yoga is a guaranteed option. Despite being a solution to all your health problems, Yoga makes sure you hit the right weight goals and maintain the balance you need in your body. Yoga helps to improve nutrient absorption because it enhances the circulation of blood and oxygen. It improves your stamina, strengthens your muscles, and allows you to become strong and flexible.
Yoga can be a great way to regulate your metabolism. The ones who are trying to lose weight can give it a try as well. Therefore, it can be beneficial both ways.
Here are a few yoga poses you can induce in your day-to-day routine to gain weight:
To make sure you practice this yoga poses in the correct manner let me escort you to a simple approach.
Yoga poses for weight gain
This pose helps to improve appetite as it works on both the anterior and posterior parts of the digestive tract. It also helps to remove blockages. Your breathing improves as it stretches and opens up your heart. Therefore, leads to better nutrient absorption and an increase in blood circulation.
It helps to keep the metabolism in check and work on the digestive system as well. This is the only pose that can be immediately practiced after a meal. This poses work on every area that needs attention and helps to relax the mind.
This pose helps to stimulate and regulate the digestive system. It creates a peaceful ambiance for better absorption in the body and also helps to calm the overactive metabolism.
To gain weight this pose is highly beneficial. The thyroid gland is one of the many systems this pose works on. An overactive thyroid gland that leads to weight reduction can be controlled with the practice of this pose. Other such systems help to strengthen our cardiovascular, circulatory, digestive, and reproductive. This asana assists to cure all the weight loss problems and improve metabolism and nutrient absorption.
First and foremost, this pose helps to improve the circulation of oxygen and blood. A new lot of blood reaches the inaccessible areas as this pose is an inversion. Therefore, the body is strengthened, a boost of nutrients and energy blocks are cleared.
Let’s end on a good note by a quote of Siddartha Gautama buddha
“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.”
- I eat a lot but still not able to gain enough weight. What might be the reason?
It is possible you might eat a lot every day and consume all kind of high energy foods but still not able to gain the weight you want. In this case, you may have high metabolism.
- Do I need to worry about my high metabolism?
There is absolutely no reason to worry if you have a high metabolism. Infact the people with high metabolism are blessed as it is easier for them to burn calories. It also makes you feel better and gain energy.
- How do I know if I have a high or low metabolism?
If you receive comment such as “Your lucky to not to gain weight even after eating a lot”. That is a very first sign of high metabolism. When you are not able to lose weight even after dieting, there is a chance of low metabolism.
- What can thin people do to gain weight immediately?
Instead of eating all junk food, go for food that are rich in nutrients. It helps you to gain weight without any kind of risk.
- What are the reasons of underweight?
There can be many reasons behind your underweight. It can be because of your family history or any kind of illness. Psychological issues or medicines are also a lead cause of being underweight.