Every male who is having the issue of erectile dysfunction must be in a doubt if yoga cam cure erectile dysfunction (ED)? Yoga has various benefits that can lead to cure Erectile Dysfunction.
Let’s understand the biological process of erection
In order to choose the correct and specific yoga exercises to resolve erectile dysfunction, one must know biologically what body parts involve in the process of erection.
When your body perceive something enlightning, they send a message to your brain. Your brain sends this signal down your spine, and then your pelvic nerves stimulate the blood vessel-filled tissues in your penis to open up.
A rush of blood flows into the male organ penis, causing an erection. At many stages, the male hormones engage to trigger the desired effects.
HOW CAN YOGA RESOLVE AND ACT AS A CHARM FOR ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION (ED)?
Yoga is a great practice to resolve alot of diseases. Unlike modern medicine world, yoga never satsfies one to give you a superficial remedy. The strength and powerof yoga is based on addressing the root biological mechanisms in our body 1.
With the right attitude and positive mind and dedication to do yoga daily, yoga can not only help treat erectile dysfunction but prevent it as well.
The enumerable advantages of yoga that can manage and treat ED are:
- Shoots up your blood flow
- Rapids the process of injury healing
- Helps in regulating hormone secretion
- Boost up the nervous functions
- Strengthen your spine and body
- Resolves the blockages in blood vessels
- Blood pressure is always in check
- Regulates the blood sugar levels
- Reduce bodyweight or BMI
- Helps in resolving sleeplessness and eliminate stress
Yoga can resolve the issue of ED and calm your parasympathetic nerves, which will later on reduce the production of stress hormones. Reduced stress hormones will lead to shoot up in production of testosterone.
Testosterone, or the male reproductive hormone, is something you will need for the basic stimulus process according to the biological process to be in rhythm. Low levels of testosterone will discourage your brain to make a stimulating response; consequently losing your erection and causing ED.
Yoga poses with a great blend of rest and stretch, like the cobra pose and many other poses, will help you boost your testosterone count. Increased testosterone levels stimulate sperm production as well as a man’s sex drive, hence cuts down ED.
Some Effective exercises for Erectile Dysfunction
If you have a good practice of these Yoga asanas exercises your body stamina would increase sending signals to your body to engage into the desired results and triger the male hormones for resultant effects also increasing the flexibility in your body.
Spend a good amount of time like 30 minutes a day on yoga exercises that will surely help you resolve ED.
1. Cobra Pose
1. This pose falls under Surya Namaskar (sun salutation). It opens your lungs, strengthens your spine and increases your energy.
2. This exercise helps to relieve stress and fatigue, elevates your mood. Also helps with asthma and breathing problems.
3. About the pose, lying face down on the floor, legs stretched out.
4. Place your palms under your shoulders. Your chin slightly touches the floor and pushes your toes to the floor.
5. Take a deep breath, slowly lift your chest up, and bend back as much as possible.
2. Ardha Matsyendrasana
1. Sit in a stiff position.
2. Bend up your right knee.
3. Fold your left leg, and take your left foot from under your right knee, and to your right side.Now press your left heel against your right sitting bone.
4. Put your right foot over your left knee, as the heel of your right foot is pressed against your left knee.
5. Hold your right knee with your left hand, and twist your body from your torso, and turn to your right.
6.Turn 90 degrees to your right and plant your right palm on the ground behind your buttocks, to lock your position.Take 5-7 breaths and repeat the twist on the other side.
3. Baddha Konasana
- Sit in a cross legged pose.Open up your legs and join your soles Infront of your groin.
- Clasp your hands around your feet and draw them closer to your groin; almost touching, but not.
- Don’t let your knees on either sides, drop on the ground. Keep comfortable distance between your knees and the floor.
- Keep your back straight, and shoulders dropped down.Look straight and gently lean forward by about 10 degrees.
- Stay in this position for a comfortable duration. About 30 seconds will give you ideal benefits, but if very comfortable you can hold longer.
- Sit in a staff pose and bend up your knees. Keep your legs at hip length apart.
- Hold your hamstring with your hands and lean back.
- Lean back to a point, before pressing down your tailbone.Hold your upper body still, and lift up your lower legs from your knees.
- Your lower legs need to come parallel to the ground.
- If you find the strength, you can leave your hands and balance them by the sides of your knees.Hold the pose for 5 breaths and repeat the pose 3 times.
- Lie supine on the ground. Fold your knees up and join them.
- Draw them closer to your chest and hug them with your hands around them.
- Pull your knees toward your chest.
- Lift up your head and bury in your knees, and stretch out your toes.
- Take 5 steady breaths, release, and return to lying supine. Repeat the pose 5 times.
It is truly said by B.K.S Iyengar that “Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame.”
Erectile dysfunction is something very common disorder, with almost 15 percent of men worldwide, getting affected each year. Evem, it is considered that almost all men at some point in their lives face difficulty getting or keeping an erection.
ED is not life-threatening, but can surely ruin your life if not cured at right time. In major scenarios, ED leads to reduced mental satisfaction and increased stress. This can further result to lack of sleep, low self-esteem, and poor confidence levels.
Yoga, works as a charm at its own pace, without creating issues with any other treatment you are having for resolving ED. Yoga doesn’t destroy but helps in being your life saviour with the least investment of money and major of time and focus.
“Stay Strong, Stay healthy & Stay safe!!”
What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (or ED ), in simple words stated as the male impotence, is explained as a consistent inability to achieve and maintain an erection sufficient for mutually satisfactory sexual intercourse with his partner. By itself, ED is not a disease but more of a signal that something else may be a problem.
What are the complications of ED or Erectile Dysfunction?
Complications can result from erectile dysfunction are
1 An unsatisfactory sex life.
2 Stress or anxiety.
3 Embarrassment or low self-esteem.
4 Relationship problems.
5 The inability to get your partner pregnant.
Which is the best yoga postures to resolve ED?
Naukasana is considered as an easy asana for male who can resolve the issue of erectile dysfunction. In Sanskrit ‘ Nauka ’ means ‘ Boat ’ and ‘ Asana ’ means ‘ Pose ’. So this asana is called as Naukasana. While practicing boat pose you will see the entire body takes a shape of a boat. This boat pose is beneficial to cure many physical disorders.