Table of contents
- 6 best yoga tips for beginners and especially for men
- Benefits of yoga for men’s health
- 5 Best Yoga Poses for Men
Ironically, many men believe that yoga is just for women. For all you men reading this article, you need to realize the fact that yoga was created by a bunch of men, to be specific Vedic priests from Indus-Sarasvati civilization. Just like sports and other workouts, yoga is meant for every damn human being on this planet. Yoga helps in reducing stress, increases focus, provides flexibility to your body, strengthens your muscles, and most importantly keeps you healthy and disease-free.
I wonder why do men have this negative attitude towards yoga? Is, it because of their ego and their macho attitude that guys have about doing workouts that are “only for girls” Which is not the case. Or they think yoga is too easy and therefore will not be much of a workout? You guys need to get these misconceptions out of your mind, these misconceptions are stopping you from exploring a new dimension to your life, that might just change your lifestyle completely.
Also, for all the men who have a hard time deciding whether to hit the gym or do yoga, yoga is said to be the perfect companion for a gym workout. Yoga can be done as a warm-up before you start with your exercise, or yoga can also be done post the workout to relax your body and relieve yourself from the pain and fatigue after a workout
So, what are you waiting for?
Come along, Let’s discuss few tips for beginners who are willing to start their fitness journey with yoga
6 best yoga tips for beginners and especially for men
- You’re bound to feel weird and uncomfortable: If you’ve never tried yoga in the past, you might feel uncanny and strange while practicing some yoga poses; because your body is not habituated to the movements involved in yoga postures. You don’t need to worry one bit! All the pain, soreness, and uncomfortable feeling will all vanish when you regularly practice yoga
- You’re not going to be perfect at it: You might be a fitness freak or a very strong athlete but remember yoga is entirely another beast. Most of the yoga poses require your muscles to be stretched. To get better at performing yoga postures, flexibility and mobility are the keys. Remember if you practice yoga regularly, eventually, you’ll see the difference in your body.
- Focus on yourself; Not on other people: It’s important to keep in mind that everyone has different bodies and varying levels of strength and flexibility. It’s crucial to keep the focus on your body, you’ve to recognize the poses which work for your body. Never try to replicate poses done by others unless you’re practicing yoga under the guidance of a yoga instructor. Especially beginners should not try advanced yoga poses as you may hurt yourself.
- Use your whole body: Yoga is different from a gym workout because all your muscles are involved while practicing yoga. To practice yoga correctly, you have to make sure that all your body parts are involved while practicing yoga, if not you’re probably missing out on building strength and flexibility in a particular muscle, which may lead to serious injury in the future.
- Control your breath, control your body: If you want to ensure yoga is practiced in a precise manner, master the art of breathing in the right way. If you can control your breath, you can control your body. This is indeed true, as during yoga intense breathing is required. Inhaling lifts and strengthens your body and exhaling helps your body to relax.
- Stay consistent: You will probably notice results within a week or so, but the only way to maintain these results is to be consistent. My suggestion would be to practice yoga every day for at least 20 mins. The more you do, the better you’ll feel. Over time the pains and aches will vanish.
I hope you consider these yoga tips and they will help you to start with your yoga practice.
Now, let’s talk about the benefits of yoga for men.
Benefits of yoga for men’s health
- Enhances strength and flexibility: The body movements and stretching involved in yoga helps to strengthen the muscles and make your body more flexible and mobile. From a sportsperson to soldiers in the army, all are increasingly practicing yoga which helps them to stay fit and healthy.
- Improves Breathing: Do you know that most people breathe only 10 to 20% of their full capacity? This poor way of breathing can lead to serious health implications for your body; from insomnia to high blood pressure. Fortunately, yoga helps to get rid of all these problems. Deep breathing exercises of yoga helps to stimulate the lungs to distribute greater amounts of oxygen throughout the body.
- Reduce stress: In today’s world men has to go through a lot of stress and tension in their day-to-day lives. This can affect them both mentally and physically. Fortunately, yoga has been a beneficial practice to reduce stress. Yoga helps your body to respond to stress more effectively by reducing heart rate, blood pressure and easing respiration in stressful situations.
- Enhance Brain function: Yoga helps your body and mind to be relaxed and calm. It’s been proven that yoga helps in improving focus and productivity. Yoga energizes your body and relieves all the stress. A calm and relaxed mind in turn helps in making better decisions, better work relationships, and increased productivity.
- Yoga for better sex life: To your surprise yoga helps to improve your sex life as well. Apart from the physical and mental benefits of yoga, it also helps in enhancing your sex life. Yoga poses like the happy baby pose or bridge pose helps in improving your sexual function and helps to release stress, anxiety and helps in reducing pain during sex.
Oh well, I’m sure these benefits and tips will intrigue you to try out yoga and experience the perks of yoga by yourself. Now, let’s talk about the most crucial part about yoga, The Yoga Poses.
And Because I care here is an app that will help you practice yoga from the comfort of your home itself.
5 Best Yoga Poses for Men
- Warrior One
This is an iconic yoga pose that most of you must’ve noticed on the internet. It affects the men where they need it most- the hips and the shoulders. This pose also helps in strengthening the thigh muscles and areas around the knee are also affected, which in turn provides better stability and balance during physical activities.
2. Downward Facing dog
It’s a pose that makes you scream a little bit out of pain. This poses challenges to important areas of a man- hamstrings, calves, arms, shoulders, hips, and back. It stretches the whole body and helps in strengthening the heart, also improves circulation, and reduces stress.
3. Boat pose
This pose is an amazing exercise for your abs, if you are dreaming about the perfect six-pack abs then this pose is one you should try out. This pose is particularly beneficial to men as it reduces tension in the pelvic region and energizes the prostate gland.
4. Half pigeon
Can’t move your hips freely? This half pigeon pose will be your best friend. This yoga pose helps to open up your hips. It’s an effective way to open the glutes, hamstrings, hip flexes, and adductors as well. It’s an important exercise for those who are into weight lifting. Once you release the tension in the hip area it will benefit your lower back and other areas of your body as well.
5. Bridge Pose
This pose is an essential exercise for the upper body and releases tight muscles. Many of us don’t realize the tightness in these areas but it affects the breathing system of our body. Bridge pose will create more space in the chest, which will make inhaling and exhaling easier.
Women may have outnumbered men in yoga studios, but the trend is fast changing. A growing number of men are now showing interest in yoga and are making their way to the mat to stretch and strengthen their bodies. If you’ve been wanting to try out yoga but have been intimidated, first try these yoga poses at home which will make you comfortable with the idea, and you will soon be able to notice the perks of yoga for your body. Remember to be humble, and push yourself outside of your comfort zone to keep your body healthy and fit.
- What are the benefits of yoga for men’s health?
Some major benefits of yoga for men’s health are:
It enhances strength and flexibility, improves breathing, yoga reduces strength, and also helps in improving a man’s sexual life.
2. What are the few things that beginners of yoga should keep in mind?
Remember whichever yoga poses you can’t be perfect at, you need to practice to improve it, you might feel weird and uncomfortable while practicing yoga
Always keep in mind, you will not be perfect at yoga poses in the starting, all you need is a lot of practice to improve it. While practicing yoga you might feel weird and uncomfortable in the starting but that’s okay. It is also important to stay consistent in your yoga sessions and use your whole body throughout the yoga practice.
3. Which are the best yoga poses for men?
The best yoga poses for men are:
Warrior one which helps in strengthening the thigh muscles, downward facing dog affects the calves, arms, shoulders, hips, and back. Boat pose is especially to build six-pack abs, half pigeon helps in strengthening your hips, and bridge pose is an essential exercise for the upper body and relaxes the tight muscles.