- It stretches and strengthens the muscles of the chest, shoulders, arms, legs, abdomen and lower back. Tones the abdomen and lower back. Massages the spine and keeps the back supple. Helps stretch the chest & erect body height.
How to do
- Lie face down
- Extend your arms. Lift your legs and arms.
- Hold then relax
- Rather than making an effort to raise your hands and legs more, make a gentle effort to stretch your arms and legs away from your torso. So, feel the pull that is occurring at both ends. Ensure that your elbows and knees are not bent.
- Never lift your head more than 9 to 11 inches.
- Stop this exercise if you feel lower back pain.
- Do not practice this yoga posture if you have had an abdominal surgery recently or if you are pregnant.
- Do not practice this if you have had a Shoulder or neck injury recently.