- The pose symbolizes Cosmic Energy, and when you do you are dancing in the flow of the Universe.
- Stretches & strengthens the chest, shoulders, quadriceps, front body, including the abdomen.
- Stretches the upper back, quadriceps, ankles, feet, thighs, groins, and stomach
- Improves balance
How to do?
- Stand upright with your feet slightly apart.
- Stretch out your hands to the front with palms facing down. Do not bend your elbows.
- Send your hips back rather than your knees forward, as if you are sitting in an imaginary chair.
- Raise your arms up around your ears and soften your shoulders.
- After 15 -20 seconds. Release and relax.
- Many learners, when elevating the leg, tend to spasm in the back of the thigh. Be sure to keep the ankle of the raised foot flexed; that is, draw the top of the foot toward the shin.
- Avoid if you have injuries to any part of the back, knee, ankle, instability in the hip joint.
- Always work within your own range of limits and abilities. If you have any medical concerns, consult with your doctor before practicing