- Increases the metabolic rate and helps in weight loss
- Improves digestive tract functioning, absorption, and assimilation of nutrients
- Energizes the nervous system and rejuvenates brain cells
- Improves blood circulation and adds glow to the face
- It stimulates abdominal organs and thus is extremely useful to those with diabetes
- Improves memory and concentration power.
How to do
- Sit comfortably with your spine erect. Place your hands on the knees with palms open to the sky.
- Your palms should face up, and each of your thumbs should touch the index finger making a circle.
- Now close your eyes, and inhale deeply by filling your lungs with the serene environment to rest within you, and a better life that awaits you.
- Focus on the light coming in from the central point of your forehead.
- Exhale the negativity, self-harming elements, confusion, toxic personalities from your life, and mind.
- Do repetitions for at least 15 minutes at the minimum to gain incredible results, and practice this more often if you feel stuck in life’s situations.
- The exhalation in the Skull Shining Breathing technique is active and forceful. So, just throw out your breath.
- Practice this technique at home on an empty stomach.
- Heart patients should go slowly with their exhaling.
- If you have ulcers, be careful while practicing Kapalbhati.
- Keep in mind your limitations during the practice and work through the process accordingly.
- Those with high blood pressure should reduce their rate of Kapalbhati.