- It revitalizes the nervous system and promotes proper blood circulation in pituitary gland which release Growth hormone responsible for height. It stretches the back & lower body muscles with spine as well.
How to do
- Stand straight with feet together and arms alongside the body.
- Breathing in, extend your arms over your head.
- Breathing out, bend little forward towards the feet and rest your hands on your feet.
- Keep the legs and spine erect; hands rest either on the floor, beside the feet or on the legs.
- Stay in this pose for 30 second.
- Stretch your arms forward and up, slowly come up to the standing position.
- Bring the arms to the sides.
- Remember that proper form is more important that a deep stretch
- Keep your hips pushing into the ground.
- Don’t force your back to bend beyond your comfort. Please avoid over-bending.
- If you feel any pressure in your low back during a back bend, decrease the bend in your back right away.
- It’s best to avoid this if you have certain health conditions like spinal problems, hypertension, ulcers or a hernia, cardiac problems or injuries. Please consult your doctor or personal trainer.