How to do
- Start by sitting on the floor with legs straight out before you.
- Place two-block behind the hips.
- Roll the shoulders back, widen the collor bones away from each other, tuck the shoulder blades into the back.
- Place the palms on the blocks and bend the elbows slightly, keeping the inner elbows close to each other.
- Press the thigh bones firm to the floor and the knees away.
- Lengthen the spine from the lower back, lift up the chest.
- Stay for 20 to 30 seconds, breathing evenly.
- Avoid this pose if you have a groin or knee injury and experience any discomfort while performing it.
- Be sure that you don’t force the position and you enter into it and out of it smoothly. Don’t move your knees up and down to try to deepen the stretch.
- If during this asana you have any kind of leg cramps or you have pain in your knees, then you should immediately leave that posture, do not forcefully try to do this asana.