- Helpful in getting rid of constipation.
- This leads to the well-functioning of adrenal glands. Stretches the back muscles making them stronger.
- Enhances the health of both male and female reproductive organs.
We usually don’t breathe consciously; imagine that each inhalation is “doming” the back torso toward the ceiling, lengthening and widening the spine. Then with each exhalation release the torso a little more deeply into the fold.
How to do
- Start in Vajrasana (thunderbolt posture) – kneeling
- Relax your torso forward over the thighs. You can bring your knees a little apart if this makes it more comfortable for you.
- For Shashank asana (Hare) stretch your arms out in front of you like the ears of a hare
- For child’s pose bring the hands back behind the hips in the way that you may see a child or baby sleeping.
- Breathe and hold for 4-12 breaths.
- To release: place the palms under the shoulders and slowly inhale up to a seated position.
- People suffering from any of this condition should avoid practicing Shashank asana: vertigo, high blood pressure, knee problems or slipped disc
- If during this asana you have any kind of leg cramps or you have pain in your knees, then you should immediately leave that posture, do not forcefully try to do this asana.