- Great for lungs and people who suffer from repetitive cough, flu, respiratory issues, allergies or breathlessness
- The increased blood supply to the head improves eyesight and hearing.
- The lungs are strengthened and it is beneficial for bronchitis, as the respiratory system is quickly and deeply purified.
- It is great for energizing the body and the mind
How to do
- Sit in Padmasana (Lotus Pose).
- Take a deep breath and fill your lungs with air.
- Release the breath after counting till five.
- Now begin practicing the technique by inhaling and exhaling with force and mimicking the panting activity.
- To begin with, practice at least 21 times (one round of inhalation and exhalation will count as one time).
- You can take breaks and continue doing it for three minutes. Gradually increase the count and the duration as the stamina increases.
- Do not open your eyes while doing this pranayama.
- Force breath out while pulling back your hands.
- Avoid this if you have chronic respiratory problem and unable to perform this.